Saturday, August 12, 2017

Colorful & Whimsical Balloon Scene | Zinia Amoiridou

Hello artsy friends! It's Zinia here and welcome back to the Shimmerz blog!
Today I have a really bright and colorful art journaling spread to share with you using a mix of Shimmerz Sprays and Pastes. 

The star of the show today is the white AcriTonez (3 Sheets to the Wind) which we are going to mix with shimmerz pastes to create custom acrylic paint colors.


The best part is that you can mix all the different colors of pastes to create custom shades that will match the project you are working on. I'm mostly going for some colorful pastel shades but you can make them even more intense by adding a few drops of your sprays or even drops from re-inkers (since they are really strong and concentrated).


The whole process is really simple. I started by adding some color on my background using some of my favorite spray colors in blues and greens. I initially wanted to create a globe/map inspired background but in the end I turned it into a sky.


The inspiration for the page came from the cover of "The Little Price". I decided to draw a little girl standing on a planet (most likely earth :P) and then spread a ton of colorful balloons around her.


I used the same colors for both the balloons and the dress of my little girl to keep the color palette consistent across the whole page. 


I used some markers to add shading and highlights to my balloons and the dress to add more depth and interest to the page.


Thank you so much for joining me today. I really hope you enjoyed the process of this page. If you got inspired and you want to grab some gorgeous Shimmerz goodies make sure to mention my name "Zinia" at the comment section of your order to receive a FREE Shimmerz product! 



No comments: