Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bible Journal Entry | Nicole Kerr


Hello Shimmerz fans! 
Nicole here and I hope you all had a beautiful Easter weekend!  Among several dinners, egg hunts and beautiful weather, I managed to take some personal time and reflect in my Bible Journal. This entry was quite unique in the way that it came together. Most of the time, I spend so much time thinking and debating what to use, what verse I want to use and then the tricky questions...what supplies will I use?!  But not this time!  When I pulled out my Illustrated Faith ephemera, These fruit pieces stood out to me. I wasn't sure exactly why, but I thought of strawberries right away and knew I wanted to paint them, and paint them BIG! One of the nice things about this ephemera is there are verses on the back to help you choose a verse and that's exactly what I did.  I grabbed some fruit puffy stickers to go with them and from that point I knew that I wanted to use my AcriTonez paints! The colors were a perfect match and I could use multiple colors together to get dept and variation. They have the gesso already in them, so I didn't have to waste time prepping my page and they dry fast...so there was next to no stopping along the way...which meant this page came together fast!  Here is the entry along with a few close ups:






Once my strawberries were completely dry, I used my white gel pen to go around the edges and to make the seeds. I then added in black specks inside the seeds with my black gel pen. I glued down my ephemera, added in a strip of washi, added the page marker at the top and it was done! Fast!

Here are links to the products that I used in today's entry:

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Don't be afraid to get those creative "juices" flowing!  If something inspires you, go with it!
And don't forget...you get a free-bee when you mention my name at checkout! Info below!
Until next time, have a sweet week!




No comments: