Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Trio of Tags by Astrid

Hello all and thanks for dropping by here. Today I have a little trio of tags to share with you.


I had these little wooden tags in my stash and I thought it would be high time to use them as little gifts, using my lovely Shimmerz sprays. For this projects I used the following products, - all of them sprays:
Spritz: Rock-a-Fella Blue, Treasured Hymn, Bamboo Leaf
Vibez:  Palm Reader, Grape Escape, Don't Rain on my Parade, Blue Jeans
Coloringz: Chocolate Brownie

 I cut strips of white card stock, just slightly narrower than the wood panels and coloured them with my chosen colours of sprays.

This blue one uses Rock-a-Fella Blue, Blue Jeans and a bit of Don't Rain on my Parade. When the sprays had dried I stamped a wildflower die in Versamark ink and embossed in white. I mounted it onto the wood panel and then gave it a good coat of Modge Podge to seal it all.

The reddish panel used Treasured Hymn, Grape Escape and a bit of Chocolate Brownie. After the sprays had dried I did a bit of stencilling with Archival Inks in Maroon and Plum and then mounted it as before.

Finally for the green one I used Bamboo Leaf, Palm Reader and again the smallest bit of Don't Rain on my Parade, spritzt through a stencil. I then did some further stencilling using Moss Green Distress ink.
All tags were finished in exactly the same way, with white embossed wild flower stamps and Modge Podge for sealing, I think they will be the perfect home made addition to little gifts. They are quick and so much fun to do with the wide variety of beautiful sprays in a whole rainbow of gorgeous colours.
The final step was to punch a whole at the top of each tag with my crop-a-dile and then I added a matching bit of died and crinkled seam binding and that was it. Quick, easy and super fun to do!

Well, that's it for today, thanks for your visit and see you next time!


4 comments:

Fliss said...

These are all so lovely Astrid. Love the striking white contrast against the beautiful backgrounds.
Fliss xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all so beautiful! Chrisx

Annie said...

Stunning colours in the trio of gifts Astrid. Love the way the stamps pop against the backgrounds.
TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Maryann Laursen said...

Just soooo fabulous colors Astrid and again a really amazing project. I love how you made them a bit rustic and these fantastic colors.